- UNCTAD SEZ database. This is an excellent dataset, with a broad collection of features, including tax rates, exemptions, distance to airports, legal constrains, and many other fields.
- A Harmonized nighttime lights dataset. GeoTIFF are downloadable here.
- NASA Night Lights. (VIIRS?) Appears to be monthly, but the data is in HDF5, so requires programming to use.
- NOAA DMSP Nighttime lights. Only three years, 1992, 2000 and 2009
- MODIS landcover. Might be a useful addition to the nighttime lights.
Other data ideas:
- Urban Extents
- Political divisions, sub-prefecture per country
- Human Development Index
- Open Street Maps
- Freedom House Index
- World Values Survey